As Mayor DeBlasio has just announced an hour ago, in-person school is now postponed until October 1st. This means that no students will be reporting to the school building on Monday, 9/21. 100% of students will be 100% remote on Monday, 9/21.
The first day of learning remains the same: Monday, 9/21. All students should expect to Zoom into their crew sessions at 8:30AM as planned.
To help our students and families understand what’s next, we will have two meetings tomorrow:
- Friday, 9/18 1PM
- Friday, 9/18 6:30PM
All students and parents are welcome to attend either meeting. We will have Mandarin and Spanish translation available. Please register for the meetings here to receive the meeting link. The link will be emailed out 10 minutes before each meeting.
For students who still need a computer with a keyboard: Please pick-up this computer tomorrow from 10AM-2PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to schedule an appointment with the school to pick up a computer the week of 9/21.
Pick-up and deliveries of school supplies, textbooks, and other equipment will still be scheduled for Wednesday, 9/23 or after.
Free meals are available for students at 400 hubs across the city. Click here for information or to search for a hub.
- Free “Grab and Go” meals are available for all New Yorkers
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 1:30 pm (no service Labor Day)
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at once
- No registration, ID, or documentation required
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises.
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
Now more than ever, communication is key. We will be updating our school’s website shortly, and please reach out to your crew teachers with questions or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and empathy as we get through this difficult time together.
Sincerely, Melanie Lee