Thank you to all of you who attended our meeting last night, for those who couldn’t make it, we will see you at our next meeting in January 20th, 2021. You can find our last night’s meeting notes here.
QHSLS PTA Bylaws Review– You can view the PTA Bylaw here,
we need ⅔ parents to approve at the January PTA meeting.
Workshop/Training Proposal – Parents of Title I school can participate in professional development opportunities, meetings, conferences and other related activities designed to enhance the role of parents in supporting the education of their children and advancing their own educational needs. We have proposed a number of workshops for parents to rank, click on this google form to rank your preference
Join us for our monthly PTA meeting and financial aid workshop to learn more about school updates and the college financial process, different types of grants available, and the requirements for applying financial aid.
When: Wednesday, Dec 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Following our fall parent-teacher conferences and all NYC schools
going 100% remote, we have been examining our current learning plan looking for
opportunities to increase support and connections with our students. As a
result, we will be making two changes to our learning plan starting Monday,
- Mondays will no longer be 100% asynchronous. Instead, Mondays will alternate synchronous and asynchronous learning each week depending on your grade (see this calendar). On synchronous Mondays, students will have 30-minute synchronous sessions for each of their classes.
- Office hours will be offered every asynchronous day on a clear schedule. Office hours will follow the same Monday 30-minute synchronous schedule (see the schedule here). Parents will be able to monitor if their student is attending office hours by checking student attendance in Pupilpath on asynchronous days (students will be marked P for any office hours they attend).
There are several key benefits that result from these changes:
- Students will receive more synchronous instruction in each of
their classes every other week
- More regular office hours will give students increased support and
allow teachers to better monitor and follow-up with students in need
- Tuesday-Friday class schedules remain unchanged. The only change
is the new office hours schedule on asynchronous days.
Important Note: We still do not have any word from the Department
of Education on when in-person instruction for Blended Learning/SCO. Once we
know when that will happen, we will adjust our plan to address the needs of our
- If we
return to in-person learning on Monday, 11/30, 12th grade students will report
in-person. Then, the rotation of grades Tuesday-Friday will resume.
As infection rates rise across the city, please remember to keep
you and your families safe by maintaining precautionary measures: wear a mask,
socially distance, and wash your hands frequently.
Communication continues to be key as we get through this difficult time as a school community. Do not hesitate to contact us with questions. We are in this together, always.
Sincerely, Principal Melanie Lee