Dear Class of 2025 Student and Family,
Welcome to Queens High School for Language Studies! We are thrilled to have you as an incoming freshmen student and future Class of 2025 graduate. We hope this welcome message finds you and your family safe and well.
I know that many of you are anxious about the start of your high school experience this coming September. We are all still awaiting more information regarding fall re-opening, and important news may not be forthcoming until July or August. In the meanwhile, we are planning on the following:
- Introducing our school to you virtually. Our virtual orientation will be on Thursday, June 17th at 7PM via Zoom. We will have Spanish and Chinese language translation available. Please see the meeting link below.
- Gather information about you. Please complete this 10-minute Google Form so that we can learn more about you, your learning experience this past school year, and collect your questions and concerns: https://tinyurl.com/QHSLS2025
- Ensure that we can communicate over the summer. Please use the Google Form above to give us your most up to date information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your mailing, phone, or email information changes, even if only temporarily, so that we can be sure to get the most up to date information to you.
Would you like to learn more about QHSLS?
- You can view our open house presentation here: https://tinyurl.com/QHSLSWelcome
- You can watch a video of our junior and senior students describing QHSLS here: https://tinyurl.com/WhatStudentsSayQHSLS
We welcome you to our QHSLS PRIDE*! 🦁
* Our school mascot is the lion. Why? Our core values at QHSLS are Partnership, Responsibility, Inquiry, Determination, and Empathy. These spell out the word PRIDE. What’s another definition of pride? A family of lions!
Time: Thursday, June 17th, 2021 at 6:00PM
Please sign up here for the meeting. Chinese and Spanish translation avaiable
The Zoom link will be sent 10 minutes before the meeting.
You are invited to attend our annual School Leadership Team & Parent Teacher Association Nomination/Election
Election Date: May 19th, 2021
Election Time: 6:30PM
Election Location: Zoom. The Zoom link will be sent 10 minutes before the meeting
Please register for the meeting here.
PTA Executive Board Mandatory Officers :
President: Presides over meetings and sees that all goals of the association are carried out.
Secretary: Take minutes of all meetings of the Executive Board and association. See that minutes are presented for approval at the following meeting. Keep copy of current by-laws/procedures at each meeting, list of members, agenda and any unfinished business. Assist the President.
Treasurer: Be the authorized person of all funds. Keep an accurate and detailed account of all monies received and disbursed in the Treasurer’s permanent record. Report to Executive Board/general meetings balance on hand, separate amounts credited/receipts and disbursements and total balance on hand for that month.
Non-Mandatory Officers :
Vice President: Act as aides to the President and fulfill duties assigned to them. Represent the President upon request, at PTA meetings, workshops, conferences, and related activities when President is unable to attend.
Term limit: one-year term(s).
4 SLT Leadership Team Representatives
- Provide ongoing evaluations of a school’s educational programs and their impact on student achievement.
- Play an important role in school-based decision-making
- Help to make school cultures more collaborative.
Nominations for all offices will be taken from the floor, and the election will directly follow the nomination process. All parents are eligible to hold office.