We hope you’ve had a wonderful summer! The QHSLS faculty is eager to meet and welcome you back for the 2022-23 school year! Below you will find important information. Please continue to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Back to School Virtual Meeting: Tuesday, September 6th, 6PM
Please join us for a virtual back to school meeting via Zoom. We will go over what to expect on the first day of school and answer any questions you may have. You can sign up here for the meeting. Translation will be available in Spanish and Mandarin. The meeting link will be posted here on 9/6.
Optional In-Person Orientation for New Students: Wednesday, September 7th
New students will receive an email with information to attend an optional in-person orientation. There is no orientation for returning students.
First Day of School, Bell Schedule, and Programs
Students report for their first day of classes on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Period 1 begins at 8AM, and our doors will open at 7:50 AM. Returning students will receive an email with the classroom they should report to first. New students to QHSLS will be greeted by staff outside our entrance and given their room assignment then.
Students will receive their programs during first period on September 8th. Note that DOE schools are no longer using Pupilpath.
We will use the first two periods of the first day of school orienting our students to the new school year.
Updated Health Guidelines
The Department of Education has released new health guidelines for the 22-23 school year. Here are the key points:
- Wearing masks is strongly recommended, but not required.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate 5 days from the start of symptoms. Students must then mask on Days 6-10.
- While vaccination is not required to attend NYC public schools, we and the NYCDOE are strongly encouraging COVID-19 vaccination. You can find more information about COVID-19 vaccines, and how to get one here. Any visitors, including parents, will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter the school building.
- Students no longer need to complete the daily health screening before entering the building.
- Anyone who is feeling sick should stay home and get tested if they show symptoms of COVID-19.
- Four at-home tests will be provided once a month to all students. Additional tests will be available to those showing symptoms or with potential in-school exposure.
Metrocards and Uniforms
Metrocards will be distributed on the first day of school.
Computers and School Supplies
It is important that all students have wifi and a computer with a keyboard at home. If you need to request a computer or a WIFI hotspot, please use this Google Form. Please note that students should not bring computers to and from school.
In addition, please plan on having the following supplies:
- loose leaf paper (2 reams)
- graph paper (1 ream of loose leaf or 1 notebook)
- 1 strong binder (2” or larger) for class handouts
- binder tabs for organization (8 tabs)
- at least one folder for homework assignments
- pens (at least two different colors for annotation)
- pencils and erasers
- small, personal hand sanitizer
- reusable water bottle